Kangertech are about to release their latest tank – the Kangertech CLTANK, which could be one of the first attempts by a large manufacturer to be compliant with the coming TPD (Tobacco Product Directive) that is to be enforced in May 2016.
If you do not know what the TPD is, and how it impacts the vaping community, you can read about it here under the Revision of the Tobacco Products Directive or, you can read a great write up about it by Clive Bates here: What is wrong with the Tobacco Products Directive for vapour products?
TDP will introduce regulations regarding vaping hardware and liquids. In this case, Kangertech have created a tank that is compliant with these new regulations. Details on the new CLTANK are a little thin on the ground at this point, but from the information that we have readily available to us now, we can see that:
- The CLTANK will have a 2ml or 4ml capacity
- It has Child Lock Capabilities. This is probably what CL stands for within the tanks name, CLTANK.
- The tank is leak free – which is another regulation being enforced by the TPD. This isn’t a bad thing, as I am sure most of you can agree.
- The tank can be topfilled.
- The Tank features Pyrex glass tank and features a new airflow system, but that is all we know about that!
We can also see some imagery of the new child lock feature on the Kangertech CLTANK. It features a push and twist motion child lock, which is a fairly standard child lock and looks to be similar to those on eliquid bottles.
Hopefully more details will surface about this interesting new tank soon. Once they do, you can be sure we’ll update this post to bring you the latest about this interesting new device from Kangertech.
What are your opinions on the TPD? What do you think of the CLTANK? Let us know in the comments below!